4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package), softened
1/4 cup hot sauce or red pepper sauce
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (1/2-inch pieces)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and hot sauce until smooth. Mix in chicken and shredded cheese just until combined.
2. Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8 rectangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange rectangles in ring so short sides of rectangles form a 5-inch circle in center. (Dough will overlap; half of each rectangle will hang over edges of cookie sheet. Dough ring should look like a sun.)
3. Spoon cream cheese mixture on the half of each rectangle closest to center of ring. Top with blue cheese crumbles.
4. Bring each dough rectangle hanging over side of pan up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
5. Gently separate dough perforations on top until filling peeks through. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
- Add a bit of fresh to your appetizer; serve with celery and carrot sticks and a side of blue cheese dressing.
- You can use leftover cut-up cooked chicken, or pick up a deli rotisserie chicken at the supermarket. Remove chicken from bones, and cut into bite-size pieces.
One of my favorite finger foods is spicy hot wings, but sometimes you have to mix it up a bit. This recipe from www.pillsbury.com was a tasty twist on a fan favorite.
Working with the “sun” shape can be a bit tricky but the good news is you can separate the dough and start again. Good luck and I hope you have as much fun with this one as I did!